Sign in to follow this  
SirXander

Vaping

I was wondering if anyone here is a vaper (e-cig user). I've been using them for a while now, and was wondering if anyone else was. They are a great way of quitting analogs (regular cigs), and you get all the fun of smoking with out slowly killing yourself. 

Thoughts?

I'm actually thinking about getting one but I don't know where I can buy them :/

Do you have to order them? Can you buy them at a local tobacco store?

Vaping shops are cropping up all over the place, especially in larger cities. ( I live in LA and there are like 4 between my house and my office.) You can find decent disposables at 7-11, but I would suggest ordering an EGO-C twist starter kit. I have a 900MAh battery, that lasts me all day, and I only spent like $50 to start.

You may want to try a disposable first, just to see if you like it. If you do, you may want to consider spending more. I'm upto about $250 in equipment(batteries, atomisers, etc) and I only spend about $15 in "juice" a month. If you have more specific questions, go ahead and PM me.

yay xander I thought I was the only one!! :) I've been vaping for the last 2 years (used to be a 20 a day smoker, up to 40 if drinking... terrible I know) now a days I must admit I still have the occasional cigarette when out drinking, but other than that I've been smoke free. I have had a relapse a couple of times and funnily enough both times I ended up really missing my juice, and cigarettes just taste kinda bleeehhh now and they stink lol.

I started off with one of those overly expensive kits and pre-filled cartos, but I didn't last on those long, the battery just didn't last long enough, so I quickly switched to an ego style battery and tanks + liquid. Since I pretty much puff on the thing all the time the extra battery power suits me much better (10+ hours), but I used to like the cigarette looking ones at first when out and about since it didn't look like some crazy crack pipe :P but these days everyone and their granny has one so it doesn't bother me at all.

Definitely if you you want to try there are loads of websites that have them and whether you want a small or big battery you can get them for pretty cheap I think the best way is actually just buying a battery and charger and a tank/cart of your choice instead of those advertised kits that cost too much, obviously you may want to try one of those disposable ones first. I found the biggest hurdle finding my daily liquid I've spent so much money on liquid it's not even funny and ofcourse to start with I kept looking for that tobacco flavour but honestly it will never taste like a real cigarette, but you'll be surprised how much you'll end up enjoying weird flavours more than the real thing. You need to find a flavour that you enjoy and actually makes you long for it instead of a cigarette.

Currently I am using a combo of a ego style kr808 battery and an ego battery with a CE3 clearomizer and a kanger T3S tank. My fav. flavours at the moment are vanilla tobacco, and I know it sounds freaky but lemon meringue! I don't know where you are situated but if you want recommendations on places to buy etc. feel free to ask. 

Yeah!

I started on the 808D's myself, but I got tired of them quick as well. The Ego's have been good to me thus far, but I'm already looking at mods. I got my eye on the Nemesis, but it's a bit pricey, so I got to save up a bit first. 

My favorite juice so far is vaporizeme Black cherry, but it mostly takes a back seat to the Namber juice Glacial banana

Edited by SirXander

It's still nicotine right?  I really, really miss cigarettes.   However, I've been worried about picking up e-cigs because of insurance (checking for nicotine in the blood).  My insurance would basically double in cost if I were to be a smoker.

It's still nicotine right?  I really, really miss cigarettes.   However, I've been worried about picking up e-cigs because of insurance (checking for nicotine in the blood).  My insurance would basically double in cost if I were to be a smoker.

You can get them nicotine free 

Yeah there is generally nicotine in the liquid, though many places sell nicotine free liquid as well, which is good for those that miss the sensation but are ok without the nicotine hit (I'm not there yet I turn into Godzilla without my nicotine).

You get different strengths as well, I started on 24mg liquid and have moved down to 18mg hopefully I'll soon be able to move further down to 12mg and eventually 0 but it's a process, for the time being just happy to be without the other 4000 chemicals in real cigs and no more horrible coughing bleh lol

I'll have to look and see if I can find any local, then!  I do miss the sensation, rather than the chemicals.

Rofl you were down in south Florida weren't you? there is a walk in store (3 actually) that you could pop into can't remember if they had 0mg there but they let you try different flavours right there in the store I've been to both the davie and the fort Lauderdale stores and the staff were pretty nice and knowledgeable. 

oops almost forgot the link: http://vaporburst.com

Edited by Astabh

Yup, yup.  Practically neighbors to Frejyah (if she's still here).

I usually run between 6 and 10mg of nic in my juice(s), but without the other toxic chemicals, the harm from the electronic is by far lower then that of an analog. And if you have a vape shop in your area, its always nice to patronize a local small business. 

I would also take the time to talk to one of the insurance people, just to make sure that the ingestion of nicotine in any fashion makes you a "smoker" because if you are using the patch or gum, that would also qualify. 

I would've thought testing for carbon monoxide levels in the blood would be a better test for a smoker...

My dad uses these e-ciggie things and just about the only hazard I can think of is that a lot of the liquid cartridges are manufactured in China, and as such the contents aren't regulated. That still seems like a small risk compared with the morbidity risk of smoking tobacco.

I would've thought testing for carbon monoxide levels in the blood would be a better test for a smoker...

My dad uses these e-ciggie things and just about the only hazard I can think of is that a lot of the liquid cartridges are manufactured in China, and as such the contents aren't regulated. That still seems like a small risk compared with the morbidity risk of smoking tobacco.

I'm a computer professional, not a medical guy, I was just guessing about the test. However, if you are really worried about the chemicals in the Chinese carts, its really easy to acquire and fill the carts with american made liquid. The Namber juice, that i linked above is made and distributed in the states. Even if you can't find someone making some locally, it is just as easy to acquire and flavor your own juice.

That's cool idea that you are suggesting vaping. Speaking about it, I would like to give you the whole picture of the vaping phenomenon. Here's the article I found really useful:

https://www.worldvaping.com/what-is-vaping/

You can also join the Worldvaping Community to learn more about vaping.

Let me know what you think about it :)

Stay healthy guys!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this